ENGERIX-B ADULT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis B vaccine (recombinant) 20mcg/mL; aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; IM inj; preservative-free; contains thimerosal (trace).
Indications for ENGERIX-B ADULT:
Hepatitis B immunization.
Give IM in deltoid muscle. 11–19yrs: 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later. >19yrs: 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 20mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later. Hemodialysis: 40mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 6 months later. High-risk: consider hepatitis B immune globulin also. Booster dose: when appropriate, may use 20mcg for persons 11yrs of age and older; hemodialysis patients booster dose is 40mcg.
Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid; see literature. Infants (mothers are HBsAG negative): 10mcg at birth and repeat 1 and 6 months later; infants (mothers are HBsAG positive) and children through age 10yrs: 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1 and 6 months later, or 10mcg at elected date and repeat 1, 2, and 12 months later. High risk: consider hepatitis B immune globulin also. Booster doses: when appropriate, may use 10mcg for children age 10yrs or younger, or 20mcg for ages 11yrs and older.
May defer in acute febrile illness or active infection. May be given SC only if risk of hemorrhage. Have epinephrine inj available. Multiple sclerosis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, nausea, diarrhea, rash. Anaphylaxis.
Pediatric/Adolescent (single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringe)—5 (without needles); Pediatric/Adolescent (single-dose vials)—1, 10; Adult (single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringe)—5 (without needles); Adult (single-dose vials)—1, 10, 25
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|