Generic Name and Formulations:
Pimecrolimus 1%; crm.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for ELIDEL:
Second-line therapy: for short-term and non-continuous chronic treatment of mild-to-moderate atopic dermatitis in non-immunocompromised patients when other topical therapies are inadvisable or ineffective.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply to affected area(s) twice daily. Do not occlude.
Clear infections at treatment site before starting. Netherton's syndrome, generalized erythroderma, malignant or pre-malignant skin conditions: not recommended. Varicella zoster. Eczema herpeticum. Herpes simplex. Consider discontinuing if lymphadenopathy of unknown etiology or acute infectious mononucleosis occurs. Consider discontinuing until warts clear if skin papillomas worsen or are unresponsive. Avoid sun, UV light. Reevaluate if no improvement after 6 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with CYP3A inhibitors in widespread and/or erythrodermic disease.
Local reactions (eg, burning), nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, headache, others; rare: malignancy (eg, skin, lymphoma).
Crm—30g, 60g, 100g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|