Generic Name and Formulations:
Taliglucerase alfa (recombinant) 200 Units; per vial; lyophilized pwd; for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for ELELYSO:
Long-term enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) for patients with confirmed Type 1 Gaucher disease.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. Give by IV infusion over 60–120 minutes. ≥4yrs: 60 Units/kg once every 2 weeks. Begin treatment with Elelyso at the same dose when switching from imiglucerase.
Have appropriate medical support available. Closely monitor patients during and after the infusion. Discontinue if anaphylaxis occurs and treat appropriately. Reduce or temporarily interrupt infusion, or administer antihistamines, corticosteroids and/or antipyretics if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Monitor for development of anti-drug antibodies. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Lysosomal glucocerebroside-specific enzyme.
Headache, arthralgia, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, abdominal pain, pruritus, flushing, vomiting, urticaria, extremity pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|