Generic Name and Formulations:
Prasugrel 5mg, 10mg; tabs.
Daiichi Sankyo and Lilly
Indications for EFFIENT:
To reduce risk of thrombotic cardiovascular events (including stent thrombosis) in patients with acute coronary syndrome who are to be managed with percutaneous coronary intervention (patients with unstable angina (UA) or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI); patients with ST-elevation MI (STEMI) when managed with either primary or delayed PCI).
Loading dose: 60mg once. Maintenance: 10mg once daily. <60kg: consider 5mg once daily. Take with aspirin (75mg–325mg daily).
Active pathological bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, intracranial hemorrhage). Prior TIA or stroke. Do not start if patient likely to undergo urgent CABG.
Patients ≥75yrs: usually not recommended. Weight <60kg, or CABG or other surgery or trauma, recent or recurrent GI bleeding, severe hepatic dysfunction, moderate-to-severe renal impairment: increased risk of bleeding. Discontinue 7 days before surgery, and if TIA or stroke occurs. Premature discontinuation increases risk for cardiac events (eg, stent thrombosis, MI, death). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
P2Y12 platelet inhibitor (thienopyridine).
Increased bleeding risk with heparin, warfarin, fibrinolytics, chronic NSAID use. Antagonized by opioid agonists (eg, morphine, others); consider using IV anti-platelet agent instead.
Bleeding (may be fatal), hyper- or hypotension, hyperlipidemia, headache, back pain, GI upset, dizziness, cough, chest pain, atrial fibrillation, leukopenia; rare: thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, thrombocytopenia, anemia, abnormal hepatic function, hypersensitivity reactions, angioedema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|