Generic Name and Formulations:
Metoprolol succinate ext-rel, hydrochlorothiazide; 25/12.5mg, 50/12.5mg, 100/12.5mg; tabs.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for DUTOPROL:
Individualize. Initially 25/12.5mg once daily; may titrate at 2-week intervals to max 200mg/25mg once daily. May substitute for individual titrated components. Severe renal impairment (CrCl ≤30mL/min): not established.
Cardiogenic shock. Decompensated heart failure. Sinus bradycardia. Sick sinus syndrome. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block unless paced. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Ischemic heart disease. Worsening cardiac failure (reduce or interrupt dose if necessary). Bronchospastic disease. Monitor HR and rhythm; reduce dose or discontinue if severe bradycardia occurs. Pheochromocytoma. Major surgery. Renal or hepatic impairment. Volume depletion. Diabetes and hypoglycemia. Thyrotoxicosis (hyperthyroidism). Peripheral vascular disease. Acute myopia. Secondary angle-closure glaucoma. SLE. Gout. Post-sympathectomy. Avoid abrupt cessation (reduce dose over 1–2 weeks and monitor). Monitor electrolytes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with catecholamine-depleting drugs (eg, reserpine, MAOIs). Potentiated by CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, quinidine, fluoxetine, paroxetine, propafenone). Risk of bradycardia with digitalis, clonidine, diltiazem, verapamil. Potentiated by alcohol, barbituates, narcotics, other antihypertensives. Hypokalemia with corticosteroids, ACTH. May increase lithium toxicity. Antagonized by NSAIDs (monitor). Adjust antidiabetic drugs. Decreased absorption with cholestyramine and colestipol resins. Antagonizes epinephrine. Possible increased response to muscle relaxants (eg, tubocurarine). Beta-blockers may mask signs of hypoglycemia. May interfere with parathyroid tests.
Cardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Nasopharyngitis, fatigue, dizziness, back pain, nausea; bronchospasm, bradycardia, CHF, heart block, vision disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|