DIURIL INJ Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorothiazide (as sodium) 500mg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Indications for DIURIL INJ:
0.5–1g IV once or twice daily.
Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Arrhythmias. Diabetes. Gout. Asthma. SLE. Postsympathectomy. Excessive fluid loss. Monitor electrolytes, BUN (if high). Potassium supplements or K+ -sparing diuretics may be needed. Discontinue if electrolyte disorders develop rapidly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Digitalis, lithium toxicity. Adjust antidiabetic, antigout medications. Antagonized by NSAIDs. ACTH, corticosteroids, amphotericin B increase hypokalemia risk. Hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia more likely with diazoxide. NSAIDs may cause renal failure. May potentiate nondepolarizing muscle relaxants, other antihypertensives. Hypotension with CNS depressants. May interfere with parathyroid tests.
Electrolyte disorders (especially hypokalemia), hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, photosensitivity, orthostatic hypotension, GI disturbances, adverse lipid values.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|