DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE) Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids; aluminum adsorbed; susp for IM inj; multi-dose vial preserved with thimerosal, single-dose vials contain trace amounts of thimerosal.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE):
Tetanus and diphtheria immunization in patients 6 weeks to 7yrs of age when pertussis vaccine cannot be used.
<6wks and ≥7yrs: not recommended. Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. 6wks–1yr: three 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 4th dose 6–12 months after third dose. 1–6yrs (up to 7yrs): two 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 3rd dose 6–12 months after the second dose (if >7yrs, use Td vaccine). Booster dose: see literature.
History of systemic allergic or neurologic reactions to a previous dose of DT.
Defer in moderate or severe active respiratory or other febrile infection (may vaccinate if mild or minor illness) or during polio outbreak. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available.
May get suboptimal response with immunosuppressants (eg, chemotherapy, high dose corticosteroids ≥2 weeks, radiation); consider deferring.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, edema), malaise, fever, hypotension, arthralgia, nausea; rare: neurologic disorders.
Multi-dose vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|