Rotating dexamethasone and methylprednisolone can help to alleviate dexamethasone-induced hiccups (DIH) without the loss of antiemetic effects in patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Drug treatment rather than observation may delay disease progression and extend survival in persons with high-risk smoldering multiple myeloma, according to recent study results.
Dexamethasone is more effective for reducing cancer-related fatigue; patients show improvements in QoL and physical distress.
A new immunomodulatory drug under FDA review significantly increased survival in persons with multiple myeloma, including older patients.
Imaging studies and laboratory tests were negative, but lumbar puncture revealed the cause of this patient's unexplained neurologic symptoms.
Prognosis is not good, but many patients still seek treatment, equating prolonged neurologic function with better quality of life.
Combining lenalidomide with low-dose rather than high-dose dexamethasone for the treatment of multiple myeloma improves survival and lowers toxicity, according to the results of a controlled trial
Multiple myeloma patients experience high response rates when treated with a drug regimen consisting of 3 drugs, according to data presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Exposition in New Orleans in December.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|