Dexamethasone sodium phosphate Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dexamethasone sodium phosphate 0.1%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for Dexamethasone sodium phosphate Ophthalmic Solution:
Steroid responsive inflammatory conditions of the eye.
Initial therapy: 1 or 2 drops in conjunctival sac every hour during the day and every two hours during the night. When favorable response observed, reduce dose to 1 drop every 4 hours; may reduce later to 1 drop 3 or 4 times daily.
Epithelial herpes simplex keratitis. Acute infectious stages of vaccinia, varicella, and many other diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva. Mycobacterial infection of the eye. Fungal diseases of ocular or auricular structures. Perforation of a drum membrane.
Monitor intraocular pressure if used for >10 days. Wait at least 15 minutes before inserting contact lenses. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Glaucoma with optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, secondary ocular infection from pathogens including herpes simplex, perforation of the globe; rare: stinging, burning, filtering blebs following cataract surgery.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|