Generic Name and Formulations:
Cytarabine 50mg/vial; liposomal suspension for intrathecal administration; preservative-free.
Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DEPOCYT:
Intrathecal treatment of lymphomatous meningitis.
See literature. Give intrathecally over 1–5 minutes. Administer dexamethasone 4mg twice daily for 5 days with each cycle of treatment. Induction: 50mg every 14 days for 2 doses (weeks 1 and 3). Consolidation: 50mg every 14 days for 3 doses (weeks 5, 7 and 9) followed by 1 additional dose at week 13. Maintenance: 50mg every 28 days for 4 doses (weeks 17, 21, 25 and 29). Reduce dose to 25mg if neurotoxicity develops and discontinue if it persists.
Active meningeal infection.
Chemical arachnoiditis; reduce symptoms with dexamethasone. Previous irradiation, cytotoxic chemotherapy. Monitor blood counts and for development of neurotoxicity. Renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of neurotoxicity with concomitant cranial/spinal irradiation or other intrathecal antineoplastics.
See literature. Arachnoiditis, GI upset, headache, fever, neurological toxicity (myelopathy), hydrocephalus, elevated CSF protein and WBC, weakness, back pain, insomnia, blurred vision, anaphylactic reactions; others.
Single-use vials (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|