Generic Name and Formulations:
Defibrotide sodium 200mg/2.5mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc
Indications for DEFITELIO:
Treatment of hepatic veno-occlusive disease (VOD), also known as sinusoidal obstruction syndrome (SOS), with renal or pulmonary dysfunction following hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation.
Adults and Children:
Confirm patient is hemodynamically stable on ≤1 vasopressor. Give by IV infusion over 2hrs. 6.25mg/kg every 6hrs for at least 21 days; if VOD unresolved after 21 days, continue until resolution or up to max 60 days. Treatment modification: see full labeling.
Concomitant systemic anticoagulant or fibrinolytic therapy.
Increased risk of bleeding; monitor. Active bleeding: do not initiate. Discontinue permanently if severe or life-threatening hypersensitivity reaction or recurrent significant bleeding occurs. Withhold if persistent, severe or potentially life-threatening bleeding occurs; consider resuming when bleeding has stopped. Discontinue ≥2hrs prior to an invasive procedure; resume as soon as any procedure-related bleeding risk has resolved. Pregnancy: potential risk of miscarriage. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Discontinue concomitant anticoagulants and fibrinolytics before initiating Defitelio.
Hypotension, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, epistaxis; hemorrhage, hypersensitivity reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|