Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis vaccine; aluminum phosphate adsorbed; susp for IM inj; contains 2-phenoxyethanol, formaldehyde (trace), glutaraldehyde (trace).
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for DAPTACEL:
Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis immunization in children 6 weeks through 6 years of age (before 7th birthday).
Each dose is 0.5mL IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. 5-dose series: Give 1st dose preferably at 2 months of age (may give as early as 6 weeks of age); then give 2nd dose 6–8 weeks later, then give 3rd dose 6–8 weeks later; give 4th dose at 15–20 months of age; give 5th dose at 4–6 years of age. May be used to complete primary series in children who received ≥1 whole-cell DTP doses: see full labeling.
Anaphylaxis associated with any previous dose. Encephalopathy within 7 days after a previous pertussis-containing vaccine. Progressive neurologic disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, progressive encephalopathy).
Fever (≥105°F within 48 hours), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3 hours within 48 hours), shock (within 48 hours), seizures (within 3 days), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (within 6 weeks) of previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Seizure risk (may give antipyretic). Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Immunocompromised. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
Fussiness/irritability, inconsolable crying, lethargy, fever, inj site reactions.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—1, 5, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|