Generic Name and Formulations:
Roflumilast 250mcg, 500mcg; tabs.
Indications for DALIRESP:
To reduce risk of COPD exacerbations in severe COPD patients with chronic bronchitis and a history of exacerbations.
Limitations Of use:
Not for the relief of acute bronchospasm. Daliresp 250mcg is a starting dose only and is not the effective dose.
Maintenance: 500mcg once daily. Initiating 250mcg once daily for 4 weeks, then increasing to 500mcg once daily thereafter may reduce the rate of discontinuation in some patients.
Moderate-to-severe liver impairment (Child-Pugh B or C).
History of depression. Suicidal ideation. Monitor for new or worsening insomnia, anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, other mood changes; reevaluate if occur. Mild liver impairment (Child-Pugh A). Monitor weight regularly; consider discontinuing if unexplained or significant weight loss occurs. Pregnancy. Labor & delivery, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant strong CYP450 inducers (eg, rifampicin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, phenytoin): not recommended. Potentiated by CYP3A4 and CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, ketoconazole, fluvoxamine, enoxacin, cimetidine), and by oral contraceptives containing gestodene + ethinyl estradiol (possible increased adverse effects).
Selective phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitor.
Diarrhea, weight loss, nausea, headache, back pain, influenza, dizziness, decreased appetite; psychiatric effects (eg, insomnia, anxiety, depression).
Tabs 250mcg—28; 500mcg—30, 90
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|