Generic Name and Formulations:
Cytarabine 100mg, 500mg, 1g, 2g; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV, intrathecal, SC inj after reconstitution.
Indications for Cytarabine:
Remission induction in acute non-lymphocytic leukemia of adults and children. Acute lymphocytic leukemia. Chronic myelocytic leukemia (blast phase). Prophylaxis and treatment of meningeal leukemia (intrathecal route).
Adults and Children:
Induction therapy of acute non-lymphocytic leukemia: 100mg/m2 per day by continuous IV infusion (days 1–7) or 100mg/m2 IV every 12 hours (days 1–7). Acute lymphocytic leukemia and chronic myelocytic leukemia: see literature. Meningeal leukemia: Usual range: 5–75mg/m2 intrathecally; may give once daily for 4 days to once every 4 days; most frequently used dose: 30mg/m2 every 4 days until cerebrospinal fluid findings are normal.
Do not use diluent with benzyl alcohol for intrathecal administration. Pre-existing myelosuppression. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor blood counts, renal, hepatic function. Neonates. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers.
May antagonize gentamicin, fluorocytosine.
Myelosuppression (leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia), GI upset, anorexia, abdominal pain, oral ulceration, rash, fever, hepatic dysfunction, infection, bleeding; cytarabine syndrome, hyperuricemia, pancreatitis, paralysis (rare), others.
Vials (100mg, 200mg)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|