Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaine anhydrous 1g; per scoopful; pwd for dilution and oral administration.
Rare Disease Therapeutics, Inc.
Indications for CYSTADANE:
For the treatment of homocystinuria (eg, cystathionine beta-synthase [CBS] deficiency, 5, 10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase [MTHFR] deficiency, cobalamin cofactor metabolism [cbl] defect) to decrease elevated homocysteine blood levels.
Adults and Children:
Dissolve one scoop (1g betaine anhydrous pwd) in 4–6 ounces of water, juice, milk, formula, or mixed with food for immediate ingestion. <3yrs: initially 100mg/kg/day divided in twice daily doses, may increase weekly by 50mg/kg increments. ≥3yrs: 3g twice daily. Increase gradually until plasma total homocysteine is undetectable or present only in small amounts. Up to 20g/day has been used.
Hypermethioninemia. Monitor plasma methionine concentrations in patients with CBS deficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset; hypermethioninemia, cerebral edema.
Bottle—180g (w. measuring scoop)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|