Generic Name and Formulations:
Tranexamic acid 100mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Indications for CYKLOKAPRON:
Short-term use in hemophilia to reduce or prevent hemorrhage, and reduce the need for replacement therapy during and following tooth extraction.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV inj. Max injection rate: 1mL/min. Pre-extraction: 10mg/kg; post-op: 10mg/kg 3–4 times daily for 2–8 days. Renal impairment: serum creatinine 1.36–2.83mg/dL: 10mg/kg twice daily; 2.83–5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg once daily; >5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg every 48hrs or 5mg/kg every 24hrs.
Acquired defective color vision. Subarachnoid hemorrhage. Active intravascular clotting.
Therapy longer than several days: do ophthalmologic exam (before and during); discontinue if visual changes occur. Risk of convulsions esp. during cardiovascular surgery or inadvertent neuraxial administration. Renal insufficiency; reduce dose. History of thromboembolic disease. Disseminated intravascular coagulation. Upper urinary tract bleeding. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex concentrates or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; increased risk of thrombosis. Do not mix with solutions containing penicillin or with blood products.
Plasminogen activation inhibitor.
GI upset, allergic dermatitis, giddiness, hypotension, visual abnormalities; thromboembolic events (rare), dizziness, convulsions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose amps (10mL)—1, 10; single-dose vials (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|