Generic Name and Formulations:
Bromocriptine mesylate (micronized) 0.8mg; tabs.
Indications for CYCLOSET:
Adjunct to diet and exercise, to improve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating type 1 diabetes or ketoacidosis. Limited efficacy data in combination with thiazolidinediones. Efficacy has not been confirmed in combination with insulin.
Take with food in the AM, within 2hrs of waking. Initially 0.8mg once daily; may increase by 0.8mg per week as tolerated until max 4.8mg/day. Usual range: 1.6–4.8mg/day. Concomitant moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin): max 1.6mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, azole antimycotics, protease inhibitors): avoid.
Syncopal migraines. Nursing mothers. Allergy to ergot-related drugs.
Monitor orthostatic vital signs initially and periodically during therapy. Severe psychotic disorders: not recommended. Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Dopamine agonist (ergot deriv).
See Adult. Concomitant selective 5-HT1B agonists (eg, sumatriptan), sympathomimetic drugs >10 days, ergot-related drugs within 6hrs, other dopamine agonists and antagonists, including neuroleptics (eg, clozapine, olanzapine, ziprasidone) and metoclopramide: not recommended. Potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors and antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, dexamethasone). Potentiates antihypertensives; caution. May potentiate highly protein bound drugs (eg, salicylates, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, probenecid).
Nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness, headache; hypotension, syncope, somnolence, hypoglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|