Screening performance on adenoma and advanced neoplasia detection is consistent among radiologists using metrics that included advanced neoplasia detection rate and per-polyp endoscopic confirmation rate.
Before Medicare halted coverage for screening CT colonography in March 2009, the technique was indeed being used appropriately, a study has found.
High-quality CT colonoscopy diagnostic images can be maintained while reducing the radiation dose, according to a new study.
A new modeling study has found that people who undergo colonoscopy at age 50 years in which no precancerous polyps are found can be rescreened at age 60 years with one of three alternative methods, rather than undergoing colonoscopy every 10 years.
It may be reasonable to use methods other than colonoscopy to rescreen people who had negative results on their first screening colonoscopy.
CT colonography can accurately detect adenomas 10 mm or larger in patients who did not undergo laxative-induced bowel cleansing before the procedure.
CT colonography accurately detects cancer and precancerous polyps in persons aged 65 years and older.
Less accurate for smaller lesions; better patient scores for comfort, exam preparation.
Offering CT colonography improved participation in colorectal cancer screening by more than 50% compared with colonoscopy, but colonoscopy identified significantly more advanced neoplasia.
Computed tomographic colonography (CTC) is gaining a foothold in US hospitals despite lack of Medicare coverage or national consensus on its role in colorectal cancer screening.
Costs of computed tomography colonography (CTC) discourage patients who have previously refused colorectal cancer screening, according to a study published in the American Journal of Roentgenology (2010 Aug;195(2):393-7).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|