Generic Name and Formulations:
Norgestrel 0.3mg, ethinyl estradiol 30mcg (21 tabs); inert (7 tabs).
Indications for CRYSELLE:
1 tab daily for 28 days; repeat.
Thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. Cerebral vascular or coronary artery disease. Breast or other estrogen-dependent neoplasms. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy or jaundice with prior OC use. Hepatic adenoma or carcinoma. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking increases risk of serious cardiovascular events.
Increased risk of cardiovascular events (eg, MI, stroke, VTE). Smokers >35yrs of age: not recommended. Uncontrolled hypertension. Hypertriglyceridemia. Discontinue if jaundice, visual disturbances, migraine or other severe headaches occur. Do regular complete physical exams. May need barrier contraception with Sunday starts or postpartum use (see full labeling). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Progestin + estrogen.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme inducing drugs (eg, rifampin, griseofulvin, St. John's wort), possibly others. May affect measurement of sex hormone-binding globulin levels.
Hypertension, nausea, vomiting, breakthrough bleeding, amenorrhea, transient delay of ovulation after discontinuation, edema, chloasma, mastodynia, headache, intolerance to contact lenses. Increased risk of gallbladder disease, thromboembolic disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|