Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 20mg/2mL; soln for inhalation.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln:
Asthma prophylaxis. Prevention of bronchoconstriction before exposure to a known precipitant (eg, exercise).
Adults and Children:
<2 years: not recommended. ≥2 years: 20mg administered by power-operated nebulizer 4 times a day. Bronchoconstriction prevention: contents of 1 amp inhaled up to 60 minutes before precipitant.
Not for treatment of acute attack. Impaired renal or hepatic function: reduce dose. Reevaluate if no improvement after 4 weeks. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue if eosinophilic pneumonia occurs. Coronary artery disease or arrhythmias (Inhaler). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Avoid use with isoproterenol during pregnancy.
Bronchospasm, throat irritation, bad taste, cough, wheezing, nasal congestion, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand name Intal.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|