Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocortisone acetate 0.5%, polymyxin B (as sulfate) 10000 Units/g, neomycin (as sulfate) 0.35%; crm.
Indications for CORTISPORIN:
Short-term use in corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses with secondary infection.
Apply sparingly and massage in 2–4 times daily.
Do not use in eyes, external ear canal if eardrum perforated. Tuberculous, fungal, or viral lesions.
Intertrigo, diaper or stasis dermatitis or ulceration, extensive burns (neomycin may be absorbed). Avoid prolonged use or on large areas. Use lowest effective dose. Monitor for HPA axis suppression; avoid abrupt cessation if used for chronic conditions. Discontinue if infection persists or worsens or if superinfection occurs. Occlusion: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + antibiotics.
Local irritation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, dermatitis, sensitization, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity (if neomycin is significantly absorbed), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children), epidermal and dermal atrophy (esp. in thin-skinned or occluded areas).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|