Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocortisone acetate 10%; aerosol foam.
Indications for CORTIFOAM:
Adjunct in ulcerative proctitis in patients who cannot retain steroid enemas.
1 applicatorful rectally (80mg hydrocortisone) 1–2 times daily for 2–3 weeks. Then every other day. Discontinue if no improvement within 2–3 weeks.
Rectal obstruction. Abscess. Perforation. Peritonitis. Fresh intestinal anastomoses. Extensive fistulas and sinus tracts. Tuberculosis. Ocular herpes simplex. Psychosis. Peptic ulcer. Glomerulonephritis. Myasthenia gravis. Osteoporosis. Diverticulitis. Thrombophlebitis. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Acute coronary disease. Hypertension. Limited cardiac reserve. Infections.
Postileorectostomy: not recommended. Exposure to varicella or vaccinia. Severe ulcerative disease. CHF. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Monitor adrenal function and serum electrolytes. Avoid abrupt cessation. Vaccinations. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May antagonize insulin or oral hypoglycemics, anticoagulants, aspirin. Hypokalemia with amphotericin B or diuretics. May be potentiated by macrolides, cyclosporine.
Hypertension, fluid retention, hypokalemia, adrenal suppression, cataracts, glaucoma, psychosis, dysmenorrhea, myopathy, neuropathy, thrombophlebitis, peptic ulcer, impaired wound healing, convulsions, local irritation (folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acne, hypopigmentation, macerations, dermal and epidermal atrophy, secondary infections, striae, miliaria).
Aerosol—15g (w. applicator)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|