A study presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress explored whether aromatherapy and reflexology can ease anxiety and pain for patients undergoing brachytherapy for cervical cancer.
A study from South Korea determined the prevalence and type of CAM practices lymphoma survivors used for various purposes including ease symptoms, augment treatment, boost immunity, and gain a sense of control.
Acupuncture may represent an effective adjuvant therapy in the management of joint pain associated with aromatase inhibitor treatment in postmenopausal women with breast cancer.
Researchers merged data from the Oslo diet and antismoking study with data from the Cancer Registry of Norway and the Norwegian Cause of Death Registry to determine if lifestyle changes that improved CHD rates in men would be as effective against cancer.
In a follow-up to the Women's Health Initiative study, researchers determined the effect of a low-fat diet on overall survival after a breast cancer diagnosis.
A prospective study assessing the outcomes of a cohort of participants in the CALGB 89803 study determined the effect of following the American Cancer Society guidelines on survival for persons with colon cancer.
Researchers report on a retrospective cohort analysis that evaluated the long-term effects of vigorous exercise for survivors of childhood cancer.
In a multicenter phase 2 study, the Walk With Ease program was evaluated for its effectiveness in reducing radiotherapy-associated fatigue vs usual care in older patients with breast cancer. Results were presented at 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Which organizations recommend incorporating physical activity into cancer care and why?
Study presented at 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting determined the feasibility of using a mindfulness intervention to improve quality of life and confidence in advance care planning discussions among patient-family caregiver dyads.
Long-term benefits seen for those who practice at least two times a week
After experiencing the benefits of meditation to help himself cope with the stress of caring for patients with cancer, this oncologist leads classes teaching those patients to use the tool to better cope with their disease and its effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Unprotected Sex After Chemotherapy
- Mindfulness Training May Improve End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Study Suggests Greater Focus on the Needs of Family Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- First Antibody-Based Treatment Regimen Approved for First-Line Treatment of Multiple Myeloma
- Increased Diabetes Risk Associated With Cancer Development
- Childhood Neuroblastoma Survivors at Risk for Psych Impairment
- Drug Classification of Trastuzumab
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|