Colorectal Cancer News & Features
Study results presented at 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting demonstrated effectiveness of ado-trastuzumab emtansine in non-breast non-gastric HER2-amplified cancers.
1. Patients with advanced adenomas identified on flex sigmoidoscopy had a significantly increased risk of death from colorectal cancer (CRC) compared to those with no adenomas. 2. There was no difference in cumulative CRC incidence in patients with nonadvanced adenomas as compared to those with no adenomas. Evidence Rating: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: Colorectal cancer 
[Gastrointestinal Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This review presents the most up-to-date molecular, clinical, and therapeutic data, including an overview of a current phase 3 study assessing the efficacy of simultaneous BRAF, EGFR, and MEK inhibition among patients with BRAFV600E-mutant CRC.
Researchers evaluated survival in patients with colon cancer, according to the type of insurance the patients held.
A review of the literature on follow-up after positive screening results led researchers to a consensus opinion on timing of diagnostic tests for 4 cancers: breast, cervical, colorectal, and lung.
Clinical Trial: Intra-operative Chemotherapy With 5-FU for Colorectal Cancer Patients Receiving Curative Resection: Efficacy and Safety (IOCCRC)
Clinical trial focusing on 5-FU for colorectal patients. Intra-operative Chemotherapy With 5-FU for Colorectal Cancer Patients Receiving Curative Resection: Efficacy and Safety (IOCCRC)
Clinical trial focusing on biomarker analysis and metastatic colorectal cancer. Biomarker Analysis for Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (MCC)
Clinical Trial: Assessment of Clinically Related Outcomes and Biomarker Analysis for Translational Integration in Colorectal Cancer (ACROBATICC)
Clinical trial focusing on biomarker analysis for translational integration in colorectal cancer. Assessment of Clinically Related Outcomes and Biomarker Analysis for Translational Integration in Colorectal Cancer (ACROBATICC)
Clinical trial focusing on colorectal cancer prevention. Ohio Colorectal Cancer Prevention Initiative (OCCPI)
Clinical trial focusing on familial colorectal cancer registry. Familial Colorectal Cancer Registry in Hispanics (PURIFICAR)
This fact sheet reviews common sites of cancer metastasis, methods of spread, treatment, and additional details.
Patients with metastatic colorectal cancer can use this fact sheet to learn more about personalized medicine and KRAS gene testing.
This fact sheet answers some commonly asked questions about colorectal cancer screening.
Treatment for colorectal cancer can be stressful and cause lasting changes to the body. This fact sheet offers tips for coping with the disease.
This patient fact sheet explains two tests used in an approach called "personalized medicine." Doctors use these tests to plan colorectal cancer treatment that will be the most effective for an individual patient.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Education May Better Equip Nurses to Hold End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Avoiding the ED: Planned Strategies for Unplanned Urgent Cancer Care
- NP-Led Clinics Improved Phase 1 Oncology Study Operations, Outcomes
- Accurate Understanding of Capacity May Improve Workflow, Efficiency in Infusion Suite
- Art as Palliative Care: Bedside Intervention Improves Pain, Anxiety, Mood in Hospitalized Cancer Patients
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|