COGENTIN INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Benztropine mesylate 1mg/mL; soln for IM or IV inj.
Indications for COGENTIN INJECTION:
Adjunct in Parkinsonism, drug-induced extrapyramidal disorders.
Parkinsonism: initially 0.5–1mg at bedtime. May increase by 0.5mg at 5–6 day intervals; max 6mg daily. Extrapyramidal disorders: 1–4mg 1–2 times daily. Acute dystonic reactions: 1–2mg IM or IV.
See Contraindications. Use cautiously in older children.
Children <3yrs old.
Tardive dyskinesia: not recommended. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Tachycardia. Psychosis. Prostatic hypertrophy. GI or GU obstruction. Chronically ill. Alcoholics. CNS disease. Exposure to extreme heat. Elderly. Pregnancy.
Paralytic ileus, hyperthermia, heat stroke with phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants. Antagonizes psychotropics.
Anticholinergic and antihistaminic effects, weakness, confusion, anhidrosis, excitement, GI upset, depression, lethargy, heat stroke, dysuria, toxic psychosis, rash.
Tabs formerly known under the brand name Cogentin.
Tabs—contact supplier; Amps—(5 x 2mL)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|