COGENTIN INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Benztropine mesylate 1mg/mL; soln for IM or IV inj.
Indications for COGENTIN INJECTION:
Adjunct in Parkinsonism, drug-induced extrapyramidal disorders.
Parkinsonism: initially 0.5–1mg at bedtime. May increase by 0.5mg at 5–6 day intervals; max 6mg daily. Extrapyramidal disorders: 1–4mg 1–2 times daily. Acute dystonic reactions: 1–2mg IM or IV.
See Contraindications. Use cautiously in older children.
Children <3yrs old.
Tardive dyskinesia: not recommended. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Tachycardia. Psychosis. Prostatic hypertrophy. GI or GU obstruction. Chronically ill. Alcoholics. CNS disease. Exposure to extreme heat. Elderly. Pregnancy.
Paralytic ileus, hyperthermia, heat stroke with phenothiazines, tricyclic antidepressants. Antagonizes psychotropics.
Anticholinergic and antihistaminic effects, weakness, confusion, anhidrosis, excitement, GI upset, depression, lethargy, heat stroke, dysuria, toxic psychosis, rash.
Tabs formerly known under the brand name Cogentin.
Tabs—contact supplier; Amps—(5 x 2mL)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|