Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as HCl) 75mg+, 150mg+, 300mg; caps; +contains tartrazine.
Indications for CLEOCIN:
Serious susceptible infections where less toxic antibiotics are inappropriate, including respiratory, skin and soft tissue, septicemia, intraabdominal, female pelvic or genital; bone and joint (inj).
Take with full glass of water. Serious: 150–300mg every 6hrs. More severe: 300–450mg every 6hrs. Beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections: treat for at least 10 days.
Take with full glass of water. Serious: 8–16mg/kg per day. More severe: 16–20mg/kg per day. Divide into 3–4 equal doses. Beta-hemolytic streptococcal infections: treat for at least 10 days.
Not for treatment of meningitis. Discontinue if colitis occurs and treat. Permanently discontinue if severe hypersensitivity reactions occur. Allergy. Asthma (75mg, 150mg caps). GI disease (esp. colitis). Atopy. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use and in children. IV: Gasping syndrome (neonates, infants). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: consider alternative drug.
May potentiate neuromuscular blocking agents; caution. May be potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors; monitor. May be antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampicin); monitor. May antagonize erythromycin; avoid. Antiperistaltic agents may worsen colitis.
Pseudomembranous colitis, C. difficile-associated diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dysguesia, rash, pruritus, angioedema, anaphylaxis, jaundice, renal dysfunction, blood dyscrasias, polyarthritis, severe skin reactions (eg, toxic epidermal necrolysis, erythema multiforme, drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms, Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
Caps—100; Granules (100mL)—1; Inj (2mL, 4mL, 6mL vials)—25
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|