In a prospective study, researchers sought to determine the noninferiority of palonosetron to ondansetron in pediatric patients with cancer receiving moderate or high emetogenic chemotherapy.
FDA issues black box warning for rolapitant regarding the potential for anaphylaxis, anaphylactic shock, and other hypersensitivity reactions in patients receiving the injectable emulsion for CINV prophylaxis.
Data presented at ASH 2017 illustrates the effectiveness of 2 prophylactic antiemetic regimens in pediatric patients receiving moderately or highly emetogenic chemotherapy.
A review of 12 antiemetic regimens identified 3 that may be more effective than conventional regimens, a study presented at SABCS 2017 has shown.
A small study of 50 patients undergoing FOLFOX for CRC determined if adding aprepitant to standard antiemetic prophylactic treatment would improve CINV in this patient population.
A post-hoc analysis of 2 clinical trials was conducted to determine the safety and effectiveness of NEPA for managing CINV in patients with lung cancer who received platinum-based chemotherapy.
Fosaprepitant is used to prevent CINV in adult patients, and this phase 2b dose-ranging study of pediatric patients aged newborn to 17 years determined the appropriate doses for younger patients.
A randomized study was conducted to determine the efficacy of prophylactic prochlorperazine in reducing opioid-induced nausea and vomiting in patients with cancer receiving opioids for pain management.
Delayed CINV was improved significantly in patients receiving highly emetogenic chemotherapy for cancer when thalidomide was added to palonosetron and dexamethasone regimen.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|