Generic Name and Formulations:
Reslizumab 100mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for CINQAIR:
As add-on maintenance treatment of severe asthma in patients ≥18yrs old, and with an eosinophilic phenotype.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating other eosinophilic conditions. Not for relief of acute bronchospasm or status asthmaticus.
Give by IV infusion over 20–50mins. ≥18yrs: 3mg/kg once every 4 weeks.
<18yrs: not established.
Should be administered by healthcare provider prepared to manage anaphylaxis. Observe patient for a period of time post-infusion; discontinue immediately if severe systemic reactions or anaphylaxis occur. Not for treating acute asthma symptoms or exacerbations. Treat pre-existing helminth infections before initiating therapy; discontinue Cinqair if treatment-resistant infection occurs while on therapy until resolves. Avoid abrupt cessation of systemic or inhaled corticosteroids upon Cinqair initiation; reduce dose gradually if appropriate. Reduction may be associated with systemic withdrawal symptoms and/or unmask previously suppressed conditions. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Oropharyngeal pain, elevated CPK, myalgia; anaphylaxis, malignancy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|