Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorzoxazone 375mg, 750mg+; tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chlorzoxazone:
As adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures in acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
375mg: 1 tab 3–4 times daily; may increase to 2 tabs (750mg) 3–4 times daily if inadequate response. 750mg: ⅓ tab (250mg) 3–4 times daily. Painful musculoskeletal conditions: initially ⅔ tab (500mg) 3–4 times daily; may increase to 1 tab (750mg) 3–4 times daily if inadequate response. May reduce dose based on improvement.
Known drug intolerance.
Monitor for hepatotoxicity; discontinue if hepatic dysfunction or abnormal liver enzymes develop. Known allergies or history of. Discontinue if sensitivity reaction occurs. Pregnancy.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Additive effects with concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, malaise, overstimulation; rare: skin rash, petechiae, ecchymosis, fatal hepatocellular toxicity.
Formerly known under the brand name Lorzone.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|