Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorzoxazone 375mg, 750mg+; tabs; +scored.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chlorzoxazone:
As adjunct to rest, physical therapy, and other measures in acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
375mg: 1 tab 3–4 times daily; may increase to 2 tabs (750mg) 3–4 times daily if inadequate response. 750mg: ⅓ tab (250mg) 3–4 times daily. Painful musculoskeletal conditions: initially ⅔ tab (500mg) 3–4 times daily; may increase to 1 tab (750mg) 3–4 times daily if inadequate response. May reduce dose based on improvement.
Known drug intolerance.
Monitor for hepatotoxicity; discontinue if hepatic dysfunction or abnormal liver enzymes develop. Known allergies or history of. Discontinue if sensitivity reaction occurs. Pregnancy.
Additive effects with concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, malaise, overstimulation; rare: skin rash, petechiae, ecchymosis, fatal hepatocellular toxicity.
Formerly known under the brand name Lorzone.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|