Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer SurvivorsSeptember 20, 2018
Clinical guideline reviews the diagnosis and treatment of hypothalamic-pituitary and growth disorders that are often seen in survivors of childhood cancer.
A retrospective study evaluated the efficacy vs pulmonary toxicity of brentuximab vedotin for relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma in pediatric patients.
1. In this retrospective cohort analysis, adult survivors of childhood cancer demonstrated reduced mortality with increasing levels of vigorous exercise in a week. 2. Increasing the degree of vigorous exercise was also linked to a reduction in mortality compared to maintaining activity levels. Evidence Rating Level: 3 (Average) Study Rundown: Adult survivors of childhood cancer 
A multinational retrospective study investigated the long term effects of exercise intensity and frequency on all-cause and cause-specific mortality among adult survivors of childhood cancers.
Researchers report on a retrospective cohort analysis that evaluated the long-term effects of vigorous exercise for survivors of childhood cancer.
This fact sheet reviews cancer in adolescents and children, including possible causes, treatment, and the general outlook for childhood cancers.
Long-term neurotoxicity was more frequently seen with cisplatin than with vinca alkaloids, data indicates.
A survey of oncology providers demonstrated a mix of opinions as to whether immunosuppressed children with cancer should attend school.
Gemtuzumab ozogamicin (Mylotarg) was granted US FDA approval for the treatment of relapsed or refractory CD-33 positive AML in patients ages 2 years and older and newly diagnosed CD-33 positive AML in adult patients.
Study implicates higher doses of cardiac radiotherapy and exposure to high-dose anthracyclines.
A decline in the incidence of serious chronic diseases in survivors of childhood cancer may be linked to changes in treatment protocols.
Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer RiskApril 19, 2017
Whole genome sequencing of more than 3000 survivors of childhood cancers demonstrates the value of genetic testing for potential second cancers in this population.
Arm anthropometry is a better tool for assessing nutritional status of survivors of childhood cancer.
Cancer deaths within 1 month of diagnosis occur most often in patients younger than 1 years, especially among Blacks and Hispanics.
A significant reduction in use of radiation therapy to treat childhood cancers improved survival, reduced second cancers in survivors.
Three specific genetic alterations may help identify pediatric patients with AMKL at high risk who may benefit from allogeneic stem cell transplants.
Study results indicate that herpetic cytomegalovirus infection prior to birth subjects the child to increased odds of developing pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Large cohort study assesses the frequency of, and factors associated with, ototoxicity in childhood cancer survivors who received platinum agents without cranial irradiation.
Research shows only modest improvements in the physical or mental health of childhood cancer survivors in recent decades.
Epidemiologic study reveals the impact of cancer and its treatment on diet quality among adult survivors of childhood cancers.
Internalizing, Externalizing Behavioral Problems a Significant Postdiagnosis Concern in Children With CancerOctober 11, 2016
Children with cancer are at risk for developing behavioral problems after diagnosis.
A twenty percent decrease in cancer death rate among children and adolescents has taken place from 1999 to 2014.
Adult survivors of childhood cancer are at increased risk for late adverse pulmonary events.
Although most adolescent survivors of childhood cancer have no reported psychological symptoms, those who do often have multiple symptoms and distinct symptom profiles.
Chronic conditions commonly affect long-term quality of life for survivors of childhood cancer who are in their young adult years.
The experimental treatment LOXO-101 led to remarkable improvement for a 20-month-old girl whose rare pediatric cancer did not respond to surgery or chemotherapy.
Two new compounds suppress tumor growth in cell culture and mouse xenograft models of Ewing sarcoma, a rare pediatric cancer. These 2 compounds are similar to mithramycin, also known as picamycin, a drug no longer manufactured due to its toxicity.
Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms Are Increased in Pediatric Survivors of Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaApril 04, 2016
Emotional distress during and after undergoing chemotherapy for ALL affects a significant percentage of children with the disease.
Study Findings Show Possible Association Between PreLabor Cesarean Delivery and Risk for ALL in Young ChildrenMarch 16, 2016
The finding that prelabor cesarean delivery may have a correlation with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) may offer new targets for research into preventing cancer.
A group of pediatric oncology psychosocial experts developed evidence-based standards for the care of children with cancer and their families.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Leukemia Risk in Children, Maternal Use of Hormonal Contraception Linked in Population Study
- ASCO, SITC Release Recommendations for Clinical Trial Reporting of Immunotherapy Adverse Events
- CheckMate 067 Gives Nivolumab Alone, With Ipilimumab the Nod in Advanced Melanoma
- New Method Estimates Risk for Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Open Hysterectomy Survival Rates Edge Minimally Invasive Procedures for Cervical Cancer
- The Efficacy and Safety of Apatinib for Refractory Malignancies: A Review and Meta-analysis
- Study Reveals Relationship of Sleep Duration, Diabetes Risk in Cancer Survivors
- Medication, Vaccination Uptake Improved by Involving Pharmacists in Elder Cancer Care
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|