Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
Self-guided online cognitive behavioral pain management may result in improved "worst" pain but not "average" pain compared with usual care for the treatment of painful chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy.
Quality of life for patients with CIPN was improved by wearing frozen gloves during treatment. Researchers reported in an oral presentation at ESMO 2017 Congress that the gloves reduced symptoms even though long-term differences in neuropathy were not observed.
Breast cancer survivors who received taxane-based chemotherapy for their disease are at increased risk for falls due to CIPN and treatment-associated effects on balance and gait.
Seemingly benign differences in genetic code from one person to the next could influence who develops side effects to chemotherapy. A new study identified gene variations that can predispose people to chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|