Chemotherapy-induced Nausea And Vomiting (CINV)
Palonosetron effectively prevents and manages delayed CINV in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened a panel of experts to update its clinical guidelines for antiemetic therapy in patients receiving chemotherapy. A notable change is the addition of olanzapine in emetic regimens for adult patients.
Long-acting NK-1 receptor antagonist rolapitant demonstrates significant efficacy in managing CINV in patients receiving HEC or MEC for cancer.
Supplemental ginger before and during treatment raises antioxidant levels in patients undergoing chemotherapy.
This study compared the effectiveness of olazapine, palonosetron, and ondansetron in the treatment of CINV in patients receiving HSCT who are refractory to prophylactic antiemetic agents.
Antiemetic overuse is prevalent among patients with cancer receiving emetogenic chemotherapy and leads to unnecessary spending.
Adding rolapitant to a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist and dexamethasone significantly improved the prevention of CINV in patients with GI and CRC cancers receiving highly or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy.
The Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer and the European Society for Medical Oncology updated their 2009 consensus recommendations for the prevention of acute CINV in pediatric patients with cancer.
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|