Research into the potential of radiation therapy in the management of mesothelioma may improve the prognosis, and possibly extend progression-free survival, for patients with this incurable cancer.
With median age of participants in clinical trials for soft-tissue sarcoma younger than most patients who develop the disease, these researchers sought to determine the prevalence of including persons older than 65 in clinical trials and the efficacy of first-line chemotherapy for STS in older patients.
This treatment-expansion study evaluated the tolerability and safety of the PANEX (panobinostat plus bortezomib with dexamethasone) protocol in heavily treated patients with R/R multiple myeloma.
A majority of study respondents reported wanting to be informed about the differences in a drug substitution's efficacy or side effects.
Results of a prospective study of patients with breast or prostate cancer demonstrate the impact of taxane-based chemotherapy on quality of life.
Results of the phase 3 AXEPT study were used to determine the noninferiority of a modified XELIRI regimen vs a FOLFIRI regimen in terms of overall survival among patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC).
Study results show the effect on high-grade toxicity when 5-FU is replaced with docetaxel in the EXTREME regimen in the palliative treatment of patients with metastatic SCCHN.
Results of a mixed-method study that used a combination of self-report tools evaluated the efficacy of CHEMO-SUPPORT, a patient support program designed to help patients manage their chemotherapy-related symptoms at home.
Results from the ongoing Platinum Study revealed the prevalence of risk factors for CVD among survivors of testicular cancer who received chemotherapy for their cancer.
Reintegration to the general environment, particularly to school, can be challenging for survivors of childhood cancers. This review discusses how adverse effects such as chemo brain may present extra challenges for these patients and what can be done to ease patients' anxiety.
What is being done to address shortages of chemotherapy drugs?
With inpatient beds at a premium, an interprofessional group sought to transition inpatient chemotherapy administration to the outpatient setting. They presented their findings at the NACNS 2018.
A CNS-led initiative presented at the NACNS 2018 Annual Conference identified inconsistencies in oncology care, and addressed and implemented corrective measures.
What are key monitoring guidelines for patients with CLL being treated with venetoclax?
A review of management approaches to Hodgkin lymphoma in Europe vs the United States/North America demonstrates that although some differences exist, worldwide studies that would enhance patient outcomes are feasible.
Results of a triple-blind study demonstrate effectiveness of zinc sulfate in preventing chemotherapy-induced mucositis or reducing its incidence and severity in patients with leukemia receiving chemotherapy.
A report from a phase 3 study on the 5-year failure-free survival of women with endometrial cancer treated with radiation therapy alone vs chemoradiotherapy plus adjuvant chemotherapy.
This phase 2 study sought to determine whether concurrent pantoprazole would improve cisplatin-induced ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity in younger patients with osteosarcoma.
Efficacy and Safety of COX-2 Inhibitors for Advanced Non-small-cell Lung Cancer With Chemotherapy: A Meta-analysisFebruary 16, 2018
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This meta-analysis assesses the efficacy and safety profile of COX-2 inhibitors in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
In a secondary analysis of the BEATE and INVEST study, researchers followed a link between levothyroxine use, exercise, and fatigue in women with breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy.
Investigators compared adjuvant gemcitabine plus cisplatin vs surveillance and subsequent chemotherapy if needed for patients who underwent nephron-ureterectomy for UTUC.
Researchers report on their findings of a retrospective study that compared pomalidomide plus dexamethasone vs dexamethasone alone in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
Researchers conducted a retrospective study of US patients with gastric cancer to determine what factors influenced the use of preoperative chemotherapy in this patient population.
Advances in breast cancer treatment are improving outcomes for patients with the disease; however, treatments are increasing these patients' risk for cardiovascular diseases.
Retrospective study examines the association between risk of cardiotoxicity and race in women with breast cancer receiving chemotherapy and at least 1 year of HER2-targeted therapy.
Study compared the effect of treatments on quality of life in treatment-naïve patients with HNC vs those who underwent radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy, and compared with cancer-free patients.
This observational study demonstrates the significance of using the chemotherapy toxicity risk score (CTRS) to determine if an elderly patient can safely tolerate standard-dose combination chemotherapy, or would fare better with a reduced-dose regimen.
Cohort study assessed the effect of antenatal cancer treatment on specific neonatal complications by type of chemotherapy and by type of cancer.
A kind gesture toward friends during their chemotherapy infusions developed into a support organization that helps patients pass the time during their treatment.
Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy with surgery increases survival for epithelial ovarian cancer patientsJanuary 22, 2018
1. Patients with stage 3 epithelial ovarian cancer treated with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in addition to cytoreductive surgery and neoadjuvant chemotherapy experienced increased overall and recurrence-free survival compared to those treated with surgery and chemotherapy alone. 2. No difference in grade 3 or 4 adverse side effects were observed between HIPEC and non-HIPEC treated 
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Physical Inactivity Linked With Increased Risk of Hodgkin, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Challenges for Young Adult Couples Facing a Cancer Diagnosis
- Progression-Free Survival Extended With PANEX Protocol in R/R Multiple Myeloma
- Following ACS Guidelines Shown to Improve Outcomes for Colon Cancer Survivors
- In Older Women With Breast Cancer QoL May Predict 10-Year Mortality
- Letter-Writing Project Communicates Care Wishes to Healthcare Team, Family
- Pivot Nurse Improves Patients' Navigation Through Lung Cancer Care
- Long-term Carfilzomib May Be Safe, Effective In Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Palliative Sedation a Valid Option for Refractory Symptoms in End-stage Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Treatment May Increase Risk for Heart Disease in Survivors
- Spotlight on Triptorelin in the Treatment of Premenopausal Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer
- Redefining Prognosis for Hematologic Cancers in Older Adults by Age
- Outcomes for Elderly With Hematologic Cancers Effected by Cognitive Impairments
- Evolving Role of Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Mesothelioma
- FDA Approves Fostamatinib for ITP After Insufficient Response to Previous Treatment
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|