Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
Clinicians should discuss the prophylactic use of tamoxifen as well as two other agents with women 35 years and older and at increased risk of ER-positive breast cancer, per ASCO recommendations.
ASCO encourages providers to speak to women at increased BC risk about the benefits, hazards of chemoprevention as a clinical option.
Changes in the expression of microRNA-34c 6 months after treatment with a medicine to prevent lung cancer correlated with a benefit from the drug that was seen much later.
The COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib (Celebrex)—often prescribed to relieve arthritis pain, swelling, and stiffness—appears to have potential as a powerful chemopreventive agent for lung cancer.
Researchers have discovered how a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) can inhibit tumor growth, according to a study published in Cancer Cell (2010 Jun 15;17(6):560-73).
Researchers have developed a method to produce cells that kill tumor cells and prevent new tumors from forming, according to a study published in Science (2010 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print]).
People who have higher intakes of dietary vitamin K decrease their risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, according to researchers from the Mayo Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables leads to only a small effect on cancer risk, according to a report published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (2010 Apr 6. [Epub ahead of print]).
Breast cancer patients may soon be able to benefit from extract from a bitter melon that kills and inhibits the growth of cancer cells, according to a researcher from Saint Louis University.
Mango extracts may prevent or stop cancer growth in certain breast and colon cells, according to a study conducted by Texas AgriLife Research food scientists.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|