Generic Name and Formulations:
Nabilone 1mg; caps.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for CESAMET:
Treatment of nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy in patients who have not responded adequately to other antiemetics.
1–2mg twice daily; max 6mg/day in 3 divided doses. Give 1st dose 1–3 hours before chemotherapy is administered; use lower starting dose and increase if necessary. May give 1–2mg the night before chemo. Continue 2–3 doses/day during chemotherapy course, if needed, may continue 48 hours after each chemo cycle.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Hypertension. Heart disease. History of psychiatric disorders (eg, bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia) or substance abuse. Write ℞ for limited quantity (ie, enough for one chemotherapy course). Keep patient under responsible adult supervision (esp. when dose is adjusted). Renal or hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with benzodiazepines, barbiturates, alcohol, other CNS depressants and other psychoactive substances (avoid). May affect, or be affected by, other drugs that undergo first-pass hepatic metabolism or that are highly protein bound (eg, sympathomimetics, anticholinergics, tricyclic antidepressants). Cross-tolerance and mutual potentiation with opioids. Naltrexone: see literature.
Drowsiness, vertigo, dry mouth, euphoria/dysphoria, ataxia, headache, tachycardia, hypotension, concentration difficulties, sleep disturbance, other psychiatric reactions (may persist for several days after dosing), changes in appetite.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|