Cefaclor Capsules Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cefaclor 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cefaclor Capsules:
Susceptible infections including otitis media, lower respiratory or urinary tract, pharyngitis/tonsillitis, skin and skin structure.
250–500mg every 8 hrs.
<1month: not recommended. ≥1month: 20mg/kg per day in 3 equally divided doses. Otitis media, more serious or less susceptible infections: 40mg/kg per day in 3 equally divided doses (may give in 2 divided doses for pharyngitis or otitis media); max 1g/day.
Penicillin or other allergy. Discontinue if colitis occurs and treat. Severe renal dysfunction. GI disease (esp. colitis). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May cause false (+) Coomb's test or glucose test with Clinitest or Benedict's or Fehling's soln. Potentiated by probenecid. Monitor warfarin. ER: antagonized by concomitant (within 1 hr) aluminum or magnesium-containing antacids.
Headache, GI upset, rash, blood dyscrasias, hepatic dysfunction, cough, CNS stimulation, serum-sickness-like reactions.
Formerly known under the brand names Ceclor CD (ext-rel tabs); Ceclor (caps, susp); Raniclor (caps).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|