Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 200mg, aspirin 325mg, codeine phosphate 16mg; tabs; contains sulfites.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Carisoprodol/Aspirin/Codeine:
Relief of painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 4 times daily. May treat up to 2–3 weeks.
<16yrs: not established.
GI complication (eg, bleeding, perforation, obstruction) due to aspirin use. Aspirin-induced asthma. Carbamate sensitivity. NSAID allergy. Porphyria. Post-op pain management in children who have undergone tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
Risk of respiratory depression and death related to ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (esp. children in post-op tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy). Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Acute abdominal conditions. Pancreatic or biliary duct disease. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. History of drug abuse. Asthma. COPD. Lung disease. Increased intracranial pressure. Dehydration. Use lowest effective dose for shortest duration. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Muscle relaxant (central) + salicylate + opioid.
Additive effects with alcohol, CNS depressants, oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics and plasma bound drugs (eg, methotrexate); use caution. Alcohol, NSAIDs, and oral anticoagulants increase risk of GI bleeding. May reduce antihypertensive effects with concomitant ACEIs, ARBs, beta-blockers, diuretics. Uricosurics antagonized. Urine alkalinizers or acidifiers decrease or increase, respectively, aspirin levels.
Dizziness, drowsiness, vertigo, ataxia, GI upset or bleeding, epigastric discomfort, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, facial flushing, rash, tinnitus; respiratory depression, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Soma Compound w. Codeine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: Hemophilia A
- Guideline Recommendations Offer No OS Benefit for Younger Patients With Rectal Cancer
- Bleeding Disorder Treatments: von Willebrand Disease
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|