Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 200mg, aspirin 325mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Carisoprodol/Aspirin:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Coagulation disorders. Porphyria.
Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Muscle relaxant (central) + salicylate.
Alcohol, CNS depressants, oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, and plasma bound drugs (e.g., methotrexate) potentiated. NSAIDs, corticosteroids and oral anticoagulants increase risk of GI bleeding. Uricosurics antagonized. Urine alkalinizers or acidifiers decrease or increase, respectively, plasma levels of aspirin.
Dizziness, drowsiness, GI upset or bleeding, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension. Rare idiosyncratic reaction (see literature).
Formerly known under the brand name Soma Compound.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|