Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxazosin (as mesylate) 1mg, 2mg, 4mg, 8mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CARDURA:
Initially 1mg once daily; may double dose every 1–2 weeks; max 8mg/day.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Monitor blood pressure and for orthostatic hypotension initially and if dose increased. Syncope. Cataract surgery (intraoperative floppy iris syndrome possible). Exclude prostate cancer.
Dizziness, fatigue, hypotension, edema, dyspnea; rare: priapism.
Indications for CARDURA:
Initially 1 mg once daily. Titrate gradually (based on standing BP at 2–6 hours and 24 hours post-dose) at 2-week intervals if needed; max 16 mg/day.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Monitor for orthostatic hypotension initially and if dose increased. Cataract surgery (intraoperative floppy iris syndrome possible). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution when adding other antihypertensives.
Syncope (esp. 1st dose and with increased doses), dizziness, somnolence, fatigue/malaise, edema, rhinitis, abnormal vision, tinnitus, epistaxis, orthostatic hypotension, sexual dysfunction, polyuria, urinary incontinence, ataxia, leukopenia, neutropenia, arrhythmia; rare: priapism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|