CARDURA XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxazosin (as mesylate) 4mg, 8mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for CARDURA XL:
Swallow whole. Take w. breakfast. Initially 4mg once daily; may titrate after 3–4 weeks to max 8mg/day. If therapy is stopped for several days, restart at 4mg once daily. Switching from Cardura to Cardura XL: initially 4mg once daily; do not take final evening dose of Cardura. Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors: initiate at lowest dose.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Mild or moderate hepatic impairment. Syncope. Symptomatic hypotension. Exclude prostate cancer. Severe GI narrowing. Coronary insufficiency; discontinue if angina pectoris appears or worsen. Cataract surgery (intraoperative floppy iris syndrome possible). Elderly. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not indicated for females.
Caution with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, atanazavir, clarithromycin, indinavir, ketoconazole, itraconazole, nefazodone, others). Additive hypotension with concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors.
Headache, dizziness, asthenia, hypotension, dyspnea, postural hypotension, somnolence, respiratory or urinary tract infections; rare: priapism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|