CARDENE IV Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nicardipine HCl 2.5mg/mL; soln for slow IV infusion (after dilution to 0.1mg/mL).
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CARDENE IV:
Short-term treatment of hypertension when oral therapy is not feasible or desirable.
Individualize; see full labeling.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Advanced aortic stenosis.
Cardiac failure. Angina. Acute cerebral infarction or hemorrhage. Hepatic or renal impairment. Pheochromocytoma. For caps: measure blood pressure (BP) 1–2 hrs and 8 hrs after dosing. For IV: monitor BP before and during infusion; avoid rapid or excessive reductions; switch to oral form when possible. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Potentiated by cimetidine. Increases serum levels of cyclosporine, tacrolimus; monitor and adjust its dose. Possibly potentiates digoxin; monitor.
Increased angina, flushing (caps), headache, pedal edema, asthenia, dizziness, somnolence (caps), tachycardia, GI upset, sweating; ECG abnormalities, orthostatic hypotension, ventricular extrasystoles, local reactions (inj).
Caps 20mg, 30mg—contact supplier; IV (10mL amps)—10; Premixed—200mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|