CARDENE IV PREMIXED Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nicardipine HCl 0.1mg/mL, 0.2mg/mL; soln for slow IV infusion.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CARDENE IV PREMIXED:
Short-term treatment of hypertension when oral therapy is not feasible or desirable.
Individualize; see full labeling.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Advanced aortic stenosis.
Cardiac failure. Angina. Acute cerebral infarction or hemorrhage. Hepatic or renal impairment. Pheochromocytoma. For caps: measure blood pressure (BP) 1–2 hrs and 8 hrs after dosing. For IV: monitor BP before and during infusion; avoid rapid or excessive reductions; switch to oral form when possible. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by cimetidine. Increases serum levels of cyclosporine, tacrolimus; monitor and adjust its dose. Possibly potentiates digoxin; monitor.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Increased angina, flushing (caps), headache, pedal edema, asthenia, dizziness, somnolence (caps), tachycardia, GI upset, sweating; ECG abnormalities, orthostatic hypotension, ventricular extrasystoles, local reactions (inj).
Caps 20mg, 30mg—contact supplier; IV (10mL amps)—10; Premixed—200mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|