CARAFATE SUSPENSION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for CARAFATE SUSPENSION:
Short-term (up to 8 weeks) treatment of active duodenal ulcer. Maintenance of healed duodenal ulcers (tabs only).
Active: 1g 4 times daily on an empty stomach for 4–8 weeks. Maintenance: 1g 2 times daily.
Susp: administer by oral route only; do not give intravenously. Monitor for glycemia in diabetic patients. Chronic renal failure. Dialysis. Tabs: swallowing impairment (eg, recent or prolonged intubation, tracheostomy, history of aspiration, dysphagia, others). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid antacids within 30mins of dosing. May reduce absorption of tetracyclines, quinidine, levothyroxine, phenytoin, cimetidine, digoxin, ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, ketoconazole, ranitidine, theophylline; dose concomitant drugs 2hrs before sucralfate. Additive aluminum load with aluminum-containing antacids. Monitor warfarin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|