CAR T Cell Therapy
A previous single-site trial showed that patients with R/R B-cell ALL treated with tisagenlecleucel achieved high complete remission rates. In this study, investigators report on results after the scope of the study was expanded.
1. Patients with a higher disease burden of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) treated with CD19-specific chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy experienced greater incidences of cytotoxic release syndrome and neurotoxicity compared to low disease burden patients. 2. Patients with high disease burden had shorter overall survival times compared to low disease burden patients. Evidence 
Findings from trial of chimeric antigen receptor T cells targeting B-cell maturation protein demonstrated promising results.
A multidisciplinary education initiative was instrumental in preparing nursing and clinical staff for the challenges of managing care and follow-up of patients undergoing CAR-T therapy.
Children with extramedullary relapse of CD19+ acute lymphoblastic leukemia experienced a potent and durable response to the immunotherapy.
After lymphodepletion in patients with advanced HER2+ sarcoma, T cells expanded in 5 of 6 patients who received infusions of HER2-CAR T cells.
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells may have improved therapeutic potential when they have 2 targets, according to preclinical findings using a mouse model.
Response to T-cell Immunotherapy Promising for Patients With Advanced B-cell Acute Lymphocytic LeukemiaMay 20, 2016
Remission was achieved for 27 of 29 patients with advanced B cell acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) in an early phase trial of CAR T cells.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|