Generic Name and Formulations:
Captopril, hydrochlorothiazide; 25mg/15mg, 25mg/25mg, 50mg/15mg, 50mg/25mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Captopril/Hydrochlorothiazide:
Take 1 hr before meals. As initial therapy: one 25/15 tab daily; adjust at 6 wk intervals. Previously titrated: use same doses as individual components. Usual max 150mg captopril, 50mg hydrochlorothiazide daily.
See full labeling.
Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy. History of ACEI-associated angioedema.
Fetal toxicity may develop: discontinue if pregnancy is detected. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Salt/volume depletion. CHF. Dialysis (esp. high-flux membrane). Aortic stenosis. Diabetes. Gout. Asthma. Postsympathectomy. Surgery. Monitor electrolytes. Monitor WBCs and renal function in renal and collagen vascular disease. Discontinue if neutropenia, agranulocytosis, angioedema or laryngeal edema occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.D in 2nd and 3rd trimesters). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
ACE inhibitor + diuretic.
Potentiated by antihypertensives. Potentiates tubocurarine. May antagonize sulfonylureas, oral anticoagulants, uricosurics. May be antagonized by NSAIDs, sympathomimetics. May increase digitalis, lithium, insulin, diazoxide toxicity. Hyperkalemia with potassium-sparing diuretics and supplements. Hypokalemia with ACTH, corticosteroids. Orthostatic hypotension may be increased by alcohol, CNS depressants. May interfere with parathyroid, urinary acetone tests.
Neutropenia, agranulocytosis, proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome, orthostatic hypotension, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, rash, GI upset, dysgeusia, hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, dizziness, headache, cough, pruritus, angioedema, tachycardia, chest pain, jaundice, blurred vision.
Formerly known under the brand name Capozide.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|