Generic Name and Formulations:
Acamprosate calcium 333mg; e-c tabs.
Indications for CAMPRAL:
Maintenance of abstinence from alcohol in alcohol-dependent patients who are abstinent at treatment initiation, in conjunction with psychosocial support.
666mg 3 times daily. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): initially 333mg 3 times daily. Begin therapy during abstinence; continue during relapse.
Severe renal impairment (CrCl≤30mL/min). Sulfite allergy.
Moderate renal impairment (CrCl 31–50mL/min); reduce dose. Not a treatment for withdrawal symptoms. Monitor for suicidal ideation. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset, myalgia/arthralgia, headache, rash, syncope, impotence, edema, palpitations; rare: kidney failure, suicidality.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|