Generic Name and Formulations:
Alemtuzumab 30mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for CAMPATH:
B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL).
Premedicate with antihistamine and acetaminophen before 1st dose, and at dose escalations. Give by IV infusion over 2hrs. Initially 3mg daily until infusion reactions are ≤ grade 2, then increase to 10mg daily until infusion reactions are ≤ grade 2, then to maintenance 30mg/day three times per week (on alternate days); duration of therapy (including escalation): 12 weeks. Do not exceed max single dose 30mg/dose or 90mg/week. Give PCP and herpes viral prophylaxis during treatment and for at least 2 months after completion or until CD4+ count ≥200cells/µL, whichever occurs later. Dose adjustments for neutropenia and thrombocytopenia: see full labeling. Retitrate if therapy interrupted for ≥7 days.
Withhold dose for severe cytopenias (except lymphopenia); discontinue if autoimmune or recurrent/persistent severe cytopenias (except lymphopenia) develop. Monitor for infusion reactions; withhold dose if grade 3 or 4. Monitor for CMV infection during and for at least 2 months after completion. Withhold dose for serious infections and during antiviral treatment for CMV infection or confirmed CMV viremia. Obtain CBCs, platelet counts weekly, assess CD4+ counts after treatment until recovery to ≥200cells/µL. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live virus vaccines (after recent alemtuzumab therapy). May interfere with tests using antibodies. Irradiate any blood products given (GVHD may occur).
Monoclonal antibody, CD52 (recombinant, humanized).
Infusion reactions, cytopenias (eg, neutropenia, lymphopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia), infections (eg, CMV), nausea, emesis, diarrhea, insomnia, anxiety.
Single-use vial—1, 3
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|