CAFCIT ORAL SOLUTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Caffeine citrate 20mg/mL (equivalent to caffeine base 10mg/mL); preservative-free.
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for CAFCIT ORAL SOLUTION:
Short-term treatment of apnea of prematurity in infants 28 to <33 weeks gestational age.
Maintenance: 5mg/kg caffeine citrate orally every 24 hours. Adjust based on response and serum caffeine levels.
Measure baseline serum caffeine levels in infants previously treated with theophylline (or aminophylline) and in infants born to mothers who consumed caffeine prior to delivery. Serious toxicity may occur with serum caffeine levels >50mg/L. Exclude or treat other causes of apnea. Seizure disorders. Cardiovascular disease. Monitor caffeine levels in impaired renal or hepatic function; adjust dose to avoid toxicity. Monitor serum glucose levels and for necrotizing enterocolitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid concominant theophylline, aminophylline (increased toxicity). May be potentiated by cimetidine, ketoconazole, others (may need to reduce caffeine dose). May be antagonized by phenobarbital, phenytoin, others (may need to increase caffeine dose). Caution with CYP1A2 substrates, inhibitors, or inducers.
CNS stimulation, cardiovascular or GI effects, increased gastric aspirate, feeding intolerance, hypo- or hyperglycemia, hemorrhage, acidosis, sepsis, lung edema, dyspnea, renal effects (eg, diuresis, renal failure), necrotizing enterocolitis.
Single-use vial (3mL)—1; Oral soln (3mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|