Generic Name and Formulations:
Butalbital 50mg, acetaminophen 325mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
- Comprehensive After Surgery Recovery Program Reduces Complication Rates and Improves Surgical Outcomes
- Perioperative Pain Control Reduces Need for Postoperative Narcotics After Hysterectomy for Uterine Cancer
- Carmustine Infusion Reactions Occur Despite Extending Infusion Duration
Indications for Butalbital/Acetaminophen:
Tension (or muscle contraction) headache.
1–2 tabs every 4 hours; max 6 tabs daily.
Extended use: not recommended. Severe renal or hepatic impairment. Acute abdominal conditions. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by alcohol, other CNS depressants, MAOIs. May cause false (+) urine test for 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid.
Barbiturate + analgesic.
Drowsiness, dizziness, paradoxical excitement, rash; overdosage: respiratory depression, hepatotoxicity.
Formerly known under the brand name Phrenilin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|