Generic Name and Formulations:
Buspirone HCl 5mg, 10mg, 15mg+, 30mg+; scored (+bi/trisected) tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Buspirone:
Take consistently with regard to food. Initially 7.5mg twice daily, may increase by 5mg/day every 2–3 days. Usual range: 20–30mg/day; max 60mg/day.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–17yrs: doses of 7.5–30mg twice daily have been used.
Severe renal or hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs: see Contraindications. Avoid alcohol, large amounts of grapefruit juice. Caution with other CNS drugs. May potentiate haloperidol, diazepam, nefazodone. Potentiated by nefazodone, verapamil, diltiazem, erythromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole, ritonavir, other CYP3A4 inhibitors (use lower initial dose). Antagonized by rifampin, dexamethasone, phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, other CYP3A4 inducers.
Dizziness, GI upset, headache, nervousness, CNS or emotional effects, nonspecific chest pain, tinnitus, dream disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|